Please Share This Page:
How To Make An Emergency Oil Lamp From A Beer Can!
Photo – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgJqMgmhhFc
Here’s another awesome, simple and fun survival tip from our legendary friend the http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyRussianHacker! This one is so easy that you could probably do it in the dark if you really had to… and the materials are about as cheap as it gets! It also takes about 3 minutes, if that. You’ll need a can of beer (or soda), a piece of an old cotton T-shirt, some vegetable oil, something to cut with and something to light it.
Our Russian friend finds that the oil lamp works with either Tiki Torch fuel or olive oil, but you could probably make it work with almost any type of vegetable oil. So my tip would be to use up that ghastly canola oil and save the nice olive oil for your salad 😉
As a slight improvement to this DIY lamp, I might use a nail or a center punch to make a clean, round hole for the wick.
A few safety tips spring to mind when watching this video –
1) be careful when cutting the can open, as the way it is demonstrated leads to some jagged edges which could cut you if not careful. I would suggest wearing some work gloves if possible, or you could use some pointed scissors to make the cuts.
2) Be sure that the rag you are using for the wick is 100% cotton or some other natural fiber, so as to minimize toxic fumes.
3) I’m sure that you can adjust the size of the flame by adjusting the amount of wick showing – just like with a “real” oil lamp.
4) Be sure to place the lamp in a safe place when lit, so that it doesn’t get knocked over. Please observe typical candle safety precautions – don’t leave the lamp unattended or in a place otherwise unsafe for candles and don’t light near flammable materials.
5) As there is flame and cutting involved, this project should only be done with adult supervision.
Okay, here is the video:
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
- Survive The End Days (Preparation Tips For TEOTWAWKI)
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- Bullet Proof Home (Amazing Secret Tactics To Protect Your Home Against Looters, Thugs And Thieves)
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Survival MD (Field medical guide to survive any crisis situation)
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- US Water Revolution (Generate Your Clean Water Anywhere)
- Blackout USA - How To Survive An EMP / Long Term Grid Down Situation
- The Lost Ways Of Survival - Ancient Survival Secrets Of Our Ancestors
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
Do You Like Paleo Recipes?
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
That's right - as a special launch promotion, we're offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) - All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Please Share This Page: