Click Here To Join Our Telegram Channel for FREE daily tutorials!
Charcoal is a solid black substance predominantly composed of carbon. It is created by burning wood or other vegetation via “pyrolysis”, which greatly limits the supply of oxygen, causing incomplete combustion.
Charcoal has a surprising number of uses and very interesting physical and chemical properties. It has great usefulness in survival situations. Knowing how to make charcoal is a useful skill, and one that is easy to learn and practice. This video by Primitive Technology shows how to make charcoal using the mound method.
The mound method – as demonstrated in the video – is a very old process for creating charcoal that is still used in many countries. This is done by stacking the wood above the ground then covering it with dirt. This method is very versatile because it can be used for infrequent small scale charcoal production and yet is also adaptable for large scale production.
Here are some interesting uses of charcoal during a survival scenario:
1. Mask Odors. Charcoal is commonly used to as an odor absorber. Mesh bags of charcoal can be used to eliminate odors from shoes. Use powdered charcoal to absorb human scent on snares or traps by rubbing onto the surfaces.
2. Water Filter. Granulated charcoal makes an ideal water filtration medium. It can remove particulates and other chemicals such as pesticides, herbicides and fuels from water. Use as one of the layers in a multi-layer filtration system. High-end water filters such as the Berkey use compressed blocks of activated charcoal and have astonishing filtration characteristics – able to remove particles, food coloring, pesticides and many microorganisms from water.
3. Sun Reflector. Use charcoal in combination with lip balm or vaseline for camouflaging skin in a survival situation. It can also be used under the eyes to reduce glare and lower the risk of snow blindness.
4. Writing. Charcoal can be used as a writing or drawing instrument. You could leave messages for rescuers if lost, however bear in mind that rain will wash away charcoal writing.
5. Fire for Cooking and Heat. Charcoal can be used as a fire fuel; it is easily ignited and can provide heat for warmth and cooking.
6. Detoxification. Activated charcoal is commonly used in certain types of poisoning because of its great ability to adsorb toxins of numerous types into itself.
How To Make Charcoal. Photo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzLvqCTvOQY
This Crazy Off Grid Device Literally Makes Drinkable Water From Fresh Air:
According to NASA, the U.S. is expecting a 100-YEAR LONG MEGADROUGHT.
It's already begun. Ask the farmers in California. They know.
Every survivalist knows that water is of critical importance. You NEED an independent water source that you can count on!
As an interesting "survival rehearsal" - imagine that you turned the tap on right now and nothing came out. How long would you last?
But what if there was another water source literally hidden in plain sight. That's right, I'm talking about the atmosphere!
The amazing thing about getting water from the natural moisture in the air... is that it is ALWAYS available.
This gives you real water security!
Learn more about how to tap into "Nature's secret water reservoir" and stay hydrated when TSHTF!
Watch the video:
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
Do not, I repeat do NOT do what these lunatics did! Can you spot the "fatal mistake" they made?
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens:
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources: