Building A Wilderness Survival Camp. Photo – Unsplash (PD)
The video is an awesome summary of all of Surefire Woodsman’s video tutorials on building a wilderness survival camp. Those who are adventurous at heart will enjoy this video.
The video discusses the following topics briefly:
1. Building with raw material. There numerous different woods out in the wilderness and you may not know their uses. This will show you how to choose the wood that is good for making a cabin which would withstand different weather conditions.
2. Crooked Rail and Cross Buck Fence. If you plan to grow livestock or you have horses then building a sturdy fence for them is a must.
3. Water delivery system. In every living space, water is the most important resource. This shows how to make an efficient water delivery system that even works in cold weather (up to a point, of course).
4. Harvesting and preserving wild food. This will show how to set traps and harvest wild food such as fish and crabs.
5. Wild mushrooms, berries and gardens. If you plan on living in the wild, you would need to know which mushrooms and berries are safe to eat. There are a lot of poisonous varieties growing in the wilderness that could cause sickness or even death.
6. Hunting trapping and snaring. When hunting for game, you would need to set up effective traps or snares. Base on his experience, the uploader found out that the most prevalent problem is the traps are seldom strong enough to hold what he is catching which is why it is a good idea to invest in quality traps. Until you are set up the only way to store meat is to stick to the small game that you should only take when you need them.
7. Small scale gold prospecting. Why buy gold when you can find it yourself?
Reminder, the video is only a summary of the topics listed above. If you would want to watch the full videos of the following topics then they can be found on the uploader’s channel or their website.
Ok, here’s the video:
Do You Recognize These 4 Home Security Massive Fails?
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
>> Click here to find out about them now
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
>>> Click Here To Watch His Short Video <<<
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens:
What Really Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Click To Watch Video)
One thought on “Building A Wilderness Survival Camp”
Reading your post I saw prospecting for gold instantly my interest was peaked, I did some research to see if there’s gold where I live and of course there’s only a small section of Ohio that has gold, knowing where to look and if the area you’re in contains gold should be the first thing you do if you’re going to try this, I’m not an expert by any means but from what I’ve read the best places to look for gold is where glaciers have been, I don’t know if you can find gold anywhere else but having a little knowledge before you start out will save a lot of wasted time that could be better used in a survival situation