Please Join Our New Telegram Channel to make sure we stay connected!
5 Places To Avoid After SHTF. Photo – Unsplash (PD)
When the S.H.T.F. there are certain places that become “no go zones”. Knowing the risks helps you to avoid these locations. This dramatic video by City Prepping gives some valuable insight into places to avoid during real disaster scenarios.
1. Grocery stores One of the places you should avoid is the grocery store as many people would think the same way and head to that location. The situation could potentially get out of control when people are fighting for limited resources. We saw a minor taste of this in 2020: when the coronavirus scenario hit and logistics were hindered all over the world, people were scrambling for toilet paper in supermarket aisles. You can see how fear brought out the selfishness in some people. But this was “nothing”…. imagine how bad the panic could get if the supply chain truly broke. The best way to avoid this is to prepare in advance and have abundant supplies of non-perishable goods.
2. Banks and ATM Points – these should be avoided as when SHTF security may be low presenting an opportunity for unscrupulous characters to target the innocent trying to access cash. Also in a grid-down scenario, ATMs would simply not be working and credit transactions would cease to function. Solution; have a reserve of emergency cash on hand.
3. Drugstores – most people have minimal supplies of essential medications and no emergency plan in this regard. A disaster scenario could cause a “run” on essential medications. Solution once again is to have supplies (and of course to minimize reliance on pharms wherever possible, using natural alternatives!)
4. High Density Population Areas – Areas of high population density are going to contain the largest number of unprepared people, which presents a high risk for your personal security. So you ideally want to be far away from densely populated areas full of infrastructure, or areas where “everyone else” is planning to go to when SHTF. Prepping is also more difficult when you are in a small apartment with limited space for supplies.
5. Gas / Petrol Stations – Gas Stations typically run out of fuel very fast in disaster situations. After Hurricane Florence, 73% of gas stations ran out of fuel! Storing gasoline is difficult and problematic. So the general “rule of thumb” here is to not let the tank go below half full – though this means more frequent refills of course. The gas station is also an area to avoid because you may get long lines and limited fuel which is another scenario that can bring the worst out of humanity.
Do You Recognize These 4 Home Security Massive Fails?
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens: