Click Here To Join Our Telegram Channel for FREE daily tutorials!
Here’s an useful video from AlfieAesthetics giving us 20 wilderness survival hacks that use commonly available items and could potentially keep you alive in desperate survival situations!
1. Use a zipper to make an improvised fish hook. Break / cut open the loop and sharpen it (using a stone if necessary).
2. Similar technique with soda can ring pulls.
3. When you run out of bullets, use the spent bullet casings to make home made arrowheads. Use stone to sharpen the flattened casing as required.
4. Dry out your boots by heating up rocks on the fire and then putting them inside your boots. NOTE – I do not advise this at all and have to disagree with the video here. Rocks can explode dangerously from being placed on fires if there is water trapped inside them. Even though it looks dry on the outside this could happen. Skip this one!
5. House keys can be used as a primitive saw in situations where you only need to make small notches. A new / unworn key will work better than an old worn one – sharper edges!
6. Pluck some lint from your socks to harvest a little natural firestarting tinder. I’m laughing but yes this would work. Navel fluff? Never tried it so can’t vouch.
7. Gather pine needles, crush them and rub onto your clothing as a makeshift mosquito repellent. Burning the needles on the fire might help too.
8. Crack open a flint rock by striking two together. Flint flakes can be extremely sharp and can be used to make a makeshift knife or axe.
9. Replace your bootlaces with 550 paracord, which has a ton of emergency cordage uses.
10. The entire bootlace can be pulled out to make a string for a “bow drill” firestarter.
11. A birthday cake candle is very small and will burn for a few minutes – helpful as anything when you are down to your last match! Those “trick” relighting candles make a great windproof candle also.
12. Foam from your backpack’s padded straps makes a useful emergency firestarting material, though note that it will give off very toxic plastic smoke (use in desperate survival situations only!)
13. A plastic water bottle can be used like a magnifying glass to start a fire.
14. You can actually use a plastic bottle to boil water (though again, plastic will leach into your water so this is not advised unless you are truly desperate. Short term survival use only! On a relative scale it’s probably less deadly than microbes from a random water source but I wouldn’t do this unless I really, really needed to.)
15. A plastic bottle can also be used to make a water filter. Cut off the top and put in moss and gravel to use this as a first stage filter, then use the boiling technique above.
16. Make makeshift chopsticks with two trimmed sticks with a twig or stone in between. Better than touching your food with dirty hands.
17. Take a piece of charcoal from your fire (after it’s cooled down!) to reignite using a spark later.
18. Make a miniature stove from a cut-open soda can using the “Capital I” technique. Don’t breathe the fumes as the paint burns away.
19. Drill two holes in a ferrocerium rod so that it can be attached to a zipper pull, giving you a firestarter that’s available at all times.
20. A defunct cell phone can be dismantled to provide some useful survival materials. The shiny layer can be used as a signal mirror. Circuit boards can be used to make arrowheads and sharp cutting tools (careful of the sharp edges). The magnet could be used to make an improvised compass (I’d sooner pack a small compass but hey, it’s useful in a pinch.
20 Unconventional Wilderness Survival Tips! – Graphic © off-grid.info. Images: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stIjgEaES60
This Crazy Off Grid Device Literally Makes Drinkable Water From Fresh Air:
According to NASA, the U.S. is expecting a 100-YEAR LONG MEGADROUGHT.
It's already begun. Ask the farmers in California. They know.
Every survivalist knows that water is of critical importance. You NEED an independent water source that you can count on!
As an interesting "survival rehearsal" - imagine that you turned the tap on right now and nothing came out. How long would you last?
But what if there was another water source literally hidden in plain sight. That's right, I'm talking about the atmosphere!
The amazing thing about getting water from the natural moisture in the air... is that it is ALWAYS available.
This gives you real water security!
Learn more about how to tap into "Nature's secret water reservoir" and stay hydrated when TSHTF!
Watch the video:
😳 What Tinnitus Does To Your Brain Cells (And How To Stop It)
After 47 years of studies and countless brain scans done on more than 2,400 tinnitus patients, scientists at the MIT Institute found that in a shocking 96% of cases, tinnitus was actually shrinking their brain cells.
As it turns out, tinnitus and brain health are strongly linked.
Even more interesting: The reason why top army officials are not deaf after decades of hearing machine guns, bombs going off and helicopter noises…
Is because they are using something called "the wire method", a simple protocol inspired by a classified surgery on deaf people from the 1950s...
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
Do not, I repeat do NOT do what these lunatics did! Can you spot the "fatal mistake" they made?
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens:
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources: