Please Join Our New Telegram Channel to make sure we stay connected!
Video: Surviving In A Freezing Winter Forest
Photo – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWf95ld6nz8
When it comes to survival, your exact skill-set will depend to a certain extent on your location. If you’re planning to go camping in a freezing winter forest, your priorities are of course going to be different from those of other environments. In an area where temperatures are below freezing, your primary goal is to keep warm because one of the greatest risks is hypothermia.
This survival video by undercurrentspaulo will show you a few essential survival tips that you need to learn in order to keep yourself safe and warm in the winter forest.
To increase your odds of survival in the wild, as well as making it easier for rescuers to locate you, here are some tips:
1. Do your research. Winter forests can be very scary, so you need to know what kinds of flora and fauna thrive in the area. In the video, the forest is dotted with spruce trees, which can be a good source of fire and warm shelter. The bottom part of the trees are often dry even when the general area is wet. You can tell that the branch is dry when it is brittle and easily snaps.
Related: Winter Camping: The Long Fire
2. When you feel that you’re getting lost, always remember this acronym: STOP
O-Observe your surroundings
P-Prepare for survival by gathering materials
3. Before heading to your destination, you have to tell someone where you’re going and (importantly) when you plan to return. It’s also a good idea to “check in” with your contacts to let them know if you are safe. If you have an agreed schedule of checking in, then they can know that something is up even when you are unable to tell them. Some people make the mistake of going to the wilderness to do some soul-searching and then end up being the soul who needs to be searched!
4. Establish a “point zero” by marking the area with a makeshift flag or post so that when you scout around the area for supplies, you won’t stray too far away from where you are. While you’re scouting, take note of any significant landmarks so that you’ll know your way back.
5. Keep your survival essentials in a waterproof container. Your kit should contain materials to make fire, so it’s important that they are dry.
6. Familiarize yourself with different distress signals. Distress signals are important if you want rescuers to locate you. You can check out this link to find out more about them: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/05/23/wilderness-survival-know-your-distress-signals/
Okay, here is the video:
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens: