Click Here To Join Our Telegram Channel for FREE daily tutorials!
Graphic © off-grid.info. Background photo – pixabay.com (CC0)
UPDATED: Added a few more! Emergencies can happen any time – that’s why having a kit of survival essentials in your car is very important. These items could save you from a miserable, possibly life threatening experience on the road and in the end, you’d be glad that you took the time to round up these 11 trunk essentials for winter driving:
1. Snow chains. In some regions these may be a legal requirement before even attempting a winter pass! If you are anticipating snow, pack some because these could make the difference between staying on the road and losing control of the vehicle or getting stuck.
2. Some sort of emergency power pack. There are various options now but one that includes an emergency jump start is super valuable – giving the option not only to get a charge into your phone but to get a car started with a flat battery. And make sure you check that it has a full charge before setting out in winter! Here’s an example on Amazon that has both USB and USB-C outputs as well as an emergency jump start option with up to 3000A peak current.
3. Water. A one-gallon container of fresh potable water can keep you hydrated and/or provide an emergency top up for the car radiator or windscreen wash.
4. Emergency snack/food. When picking out which type of food to store, look for ones which are high in protein like survival bars and jerky. This will provide you the needed energy if you have to hike to somewhere.
5. Fire starters. Even a simple Bic lighter + beeswax candle combo is a super-useful addition to your emergency kit. Any type of fire starter will do but if you opt to use matches, make sure to bring the waterproof variety.
6. Hi-vis jacket. If you need to work on the vehicle,have broken down in an awkward spot or need to signal for help – one of these could literally save your life.
7. Blankets. If you’re stuck on the side of the road in the winter, you need to stay warm.
8. Shovel. If you’re in a region where you car could get stuck in deep snow it would always be a good idea to bring a shovel whenever you decide to drive during winter. A small military folding shovel is a perfect option.
9. Work Gloves. Will keep your hands warm as well as provide protection when doing any sort of rough work.
10. Flashlight. Keep a good flashlight handy and make sure the batteries are charged or fresh.
11. First aid kit. Accidents happen, and you can’t just stand by and be helpless. Having a first aid kit will permit you to help yourself or your passengers before medical aid arrives.
12. Communications. You need to have a device with you to allow you to call for help in case you get stuck somewhere. So keep your cell phone and/or 2-way radio charged always and in the vehicle with you.
13. Spare tire, jack and tire iron. This is applicable ALL the time. Always have a spare and tools in the car in case of a flat tire.
Take a little extra time to prep the vehicle before setting off. Winter will present a number of challenges for both you and your car so always be prepared for the cold. Before setting out, check your vehicle’s hoses, belts, spark plugs, fluid levels, tires, filters, etc. to make sure that everything is working well. Practice extra control when driving on an icy road and if you do skid, stay calm.
This Crazy Off Grid Device Literally Makes Drinkable Water From Fresh Air:
According to NASA, the U.S. is expecting a 100-YEAR LONG MEGADROUGHT.
It's already begun. Ask the farmers in California. They know.
Every survivalist knows that water is of critical importance. You NEED an independent water source that you can count on!
As an interesting "survival rehearsal" - imagine that you turned the tap on right now and nothing came out. How long would you last?
But what if there was another water source literally hidden in plain sight. That's right, I'm talking about the atmosphere!
The amazing thing about getting water from the natural moisture in the air... is that it is ALWAYS available.
This gives you real water security!
Learn more about how to tap into "Nature's secret water reservoir" and stay hydrated when TSHTF!
Watch the video:
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
Do not, I repeat do NOT do what these lunatics did! Can you spot the "fatal mistake" they made?
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens:
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources: