10 Survival Skills And Hobbies That Can Save Your Life. Photo – Pixabay (PD)
In many survival situations, skills and knowledge matter more than your survival equipment. Knowing the right set of skills can help you through the worst kind of scenarios. Here is a list of skills and hobbies that are valuable in their own right – and can also help a person survive!
1. Cooking – Not only kitchen-based cooking but cooking over an open fire. When you know this skill, you can make a meal out of whatever is on hand.
2. Water Sanitation – Water is an invaluable source in a survival situation but not all are safe to drink. Make sure you know several ways to purify it.
3. Hunting – If you want to eat and there are animals around then hunting is a good skill to have. Hunting requires spending a lot of energy and you have to have lots of patience.
4. Fishing – One of the best survival skills to have is the ability to fish in different environments (lakes, rivers, streams and the ocean) because there are different techniques used for each type waterway. Learn about spear fishing also. In some survival situations you may be stranded without any fishing gear and forced to craft a simple spear to catch your dinner.
5. First Aid – You probably have a first aid kit, but do you actually know what to do with all that stuff? Take a class in first aid and make sure your medical supplies don’t go to waste.
6. Navigation / Orienteering – Orienteering is the technical term for traversing through unfamiliar terrain on foot, using simple navigational tools. Know how to read a map and a compass properly so you won’t run into more trouble.
7. Handyman Skills – This includes plumbing, electrical, and carpentry skills. Having these abilities could mean the difference between having a place to stay and being forced to leave.
8. Sewing – Sewing can seem like such an ancient hobby but having the ability to repair holes in fabrics is very useful for survival. This could include both clothing and shelter materials such as canvas tarpaulin. You could include learning knots and rope rigging to round out this skill set.
9. Combat And Self-Defense – Even with great security and awareness, you still might find yourself face to face with a mugger. This is when you’ll need some hand-to-hand combat skills. Take a class in mixed martial arts or self defense, which may include learning how to handle pepper spray or mace.
10. Weapons Training – There is a right way and a wrong way to handle all weapons. If you for example have a firearm, you need to know how to handle it safely, how to clean it, and how to shoot it. Hopefully you’ll never have to use one in self-defense but you have to always be ready for the possibility. You could also consider training in archery, swordsmanship, knife use or even training in use of traditional or martial arts weapons for example spear, staff or throwing stars.
Do You Recognize These 4 Home Security Massive Fails?
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
>> Click here to find out about them now
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
>>> Click Here To Watch His Short Video <<<
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens:
What Really Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Click To Watch Video)