How To Make Rope From Grass – Easy Method. Photo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DljWyRQFrNc
A rope is widely considered a must-have item in any prepper kit or ‘Bug out Bag’ for obvious reasons — including lifting, dragging, pulling, binding, and tying. And interestingly, it’s not a modern invention. It’s one of the earliest tools. According to archeological evidence, the use of rope dates to the prehistoric man, over a million years ago.
Nowadays, ropes with different tensile strengths are readily available in virtually any convenience store. But what if you find yourself in an emergency survival situation in the wilderness and you’re out of rope? This simple DIY tutorial by NightHawkInLight demonstrates how to make rope from grass or other available natural materials — just like our prehistoric ancestors.
While there are tons of braiding and plaiting techniques, the video highlights one of the simplest and fastest methods. Here are some of the steps to creating handmade rope for several uses:
• Find and gather the right plant fibers. Choose a strong variety of grass and allow it to dry for a tighter and sturdier rope. It’s best to ensure the grass fibers are roughly the same thickness and length.
• Lay the threads of grass together and tie a knot on one end to secure them in place. Now divide the bunch into two equal parts, creating a V-shape from the point of the knot.
• Twist each section evenly in one direction (counter-clockwise or clockwise). As the section get tighter, they will begin wrapping around each other—forming your first strand of rope.
• If you want to make the rope longer, simply splice in additional threads. Leave some space in the tail-end of the rope strand before it runs out. Next, twist the new grass right alongside the old and continue spinning your rope.
• After twisting your threads together tightly, tie a knot on the open end to stop it from unraveling.
• The final step is to trim any plant fibers that are sticking out for a more aesthetic look.
Image For Pinterest:
How To Make Rope From Grass – Easy Method – Images: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DljWyRQFrNc
Do You Recognize These 4 Home Security Massive Fails?
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
>> Click here to find out about them now
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
>>> Click Here To Watch His Short Video <<<
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens:
What Really Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Click To Watch Video)