Please Join Our New Telegram Channel to make sure we stay connected!
One Man Builds Off Grid Cabin with Hand Tools – Images: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S_g_59GzCI
He walks across a dry, late summer field to a quiet spot where logs lie in the grass – carrying nothing more than a two-handed saw and an axe. To begin with, you might not think much of it. Keep watching, because very soon it will suddenly hit you that this man is a serious craftsman… and that we are watching a masterpiece in the making.
If you’ve been contemplating the idea of building your own cabin in the near future, then you might find true inspiration from this mesmerizing and impressive YouTube video from the Les ateliers du hameau channel; of a man who demonstrates singlehandedly how to build an off grid cabin with hand tools. What’s even more impressive is that he’s not starting with pre-cut hardware store lumber, but from fallen logs laying on the ground! (more tools and materials are brought in later)
Building an off-grid cabin is no easy feat. It demands a certain skill level, patience, and dedication to the project. It’s a serious workout too! Here are some useful pointers to help (All these steps are illustrated in the time-lapse video):
• Always Start with a Detailed And Well Thought Out Plan: Do you have the right tools for the job? Does the land have natural resources to support your off-grid living? Are you adhering to local planning and building codes/laws? What type of cabin do you want to build?
• Laying the Foundation: There are different types of foundations depending on your budget, the cabin design, and the ground underneath. You can either use concrete pad foundations or treated oak piles, as demonstrated in the video.
• Raising the Walls and Laying the Floor: Raising the walls to create a frame is arguably one of the most satisfying experiences as your off-grid cabin begins to take shape. It’s advisable to carefully consider the type of lumber you use – durability, strength etc. You can see in the video that this isn’t cheap, scrappy hardware store lumber but well-chosen beams that are straight and true.
• Roofing: Once the walls are constructed and window/door openings cut, the next step is typically raising the roof.
• Finish: This includes building the front porch, interior walls, glass panels for the windows/door, painting, etc.
Freedom and adventure await!
Note – the original video for this post is no longer available but I selected a great alternative:
Do You Recognize These 4 Home Security Massive Fails?
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens: