Please Join Our New Telegram Channel to make sure we stay connected!
How To Make A Matchless Survival Fire Kit. Photo – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja_6Yin9JuM
Think of an instance where you need to build a fire and matches are unavailable. What will you do? Also – matches are sometimes unreliable especially when it’s windy – and when wet they probably won’t start a fire.
In this tutorial, you will acquire a basic survival skill which is starting a fire. There’s a little bit of chemistry involved. You will need two chemicals – potassium permanganate and glycerin.
Potassium permanganate is a powerful oxidizing agent and a vital chemical to the world of medicine: It is on the WHO Model List of Essential Medicines, the most important medications needed in a basic health system. Dilute solutions can be used to treat canker sores (ulcers), as disinfectant for the hands, a a wound cleaner and for fungal infections of the hands or feet. Add the tiniest bit possible to a jug of water to kill anything in it (research this before you try).
It can burn skin and will also heavily stain skin, clothing or paper so be very careful in handling it.
Glycerin is a non-toxic product – often found in moisturizers for the treatment of skin problems and irritations. It too is easily obtainable online and we’ve included Amazon links below.
Add a little glycerine to “Pot Perm” and you get a brief hot fire – great for outdoor fire starting (be careful). It’s a great addition to any wilderness first aid/survival kit.
– 2 small water resistant containers (something the size of a water bottle cap will give you enough)
– Potassium permanganate (click to see / buy on Amazon)
– Glycerin (click to see / buy on Amazon)
– Dry leaves/twigs
1. Put the potassium permanganate and glycerin into the two separate containers. Seal them securely. This kit will come in handy every time you will go outdoors or camping.
Reminder: Never place these two chemicals in one container because that’s just asking for trouble. The potassium permanganate is powerful enough of starting the reaction.
2. To build a fire, carefully pour the grains of potassium permanganate on a flat surface (a rock or a piece of wood).
3. Push a little indentation into the center of the potassium permanganate grains to make a mini-cup for the glycerin.
4. Place neatly the glycerin on top, just right in the center.
5. Wait for a minute and you can start noticing that it slowly builds a smoke. Make sure that your dry leaves are ready because the heat will continue to build rapidly until it turns into a flame.
6. Cover the flame with the dry leaves on top and you can see how quickly the fire starts to build. Leave a little gap at the bottom for air to get in.
Super survival tip: If you don’t have glycerine, you can use antifreeze or possibly even sugar-saturated liquids such as liquid honey or syrup.
Here’s a video tutorial:
Do You Recognize These 4 Home Security Massive Fails?
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens: