Please Join Our New Telegram Channel to make sure we stay connected!
How To Grow A Lot Of Food In A Small Garden: 9 Easy Tips. Photo – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc4ecvD_rMM
Looking to grow your own fresh produce? Worried by the limited space available? Well, don’t be! There are many ways to get a bountiful harvest from a small garden or even a balcony. Here is a video with 9 examples highlighted by Frugal & Sustainable Organic Gardening.
1. Grow in Beds: Beds help maximize the growing space: walking space ratio—unlike traditional rows. You can take the space-saving a notch higher with keyhole beds that allow access to all plants via a small foot inlet in the middle. Here’s my tutorial on Making A Beautiful Raised Garden Bed With Wood.
2. Optimize Spacing: When you’re low on gardening space, you must maximize what’s available. For spacing between beds, only leave enough space for easy access — the rest is fair game.
3. Vertical Farming: Gardeners tend to focus on the real estate on the ground—while being oblivious the potential of the space above. Growing squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, peas, pumpkins, and other sprawling crops is a game-changer for small space gardening. Learn more – How To Make A Vertical Garden (Video Tutorial).
4. Succession Planting: The idea here is to move quickly from one plant to the next. Just remember to rotate the plants to avoid depleting the soil of nutrients.
5. Interplanting: Find plant varieties that go together. For example, radishes and tomatoes or lettuce under the shade of taller plants.
6. Grow in the Shade: Small areas also tend to have limited exposure to sunlight. For this reason, plants that do well in shady areas such as parsley and lettuce are great for small gardens.
7. Make use of the Front Yard to Grow Edible Plants: Most people’s “front garden” consists of lawn, flowers and shrubs but (in most locations) there’s nothing stopping you using it for veggies!
8. Grow Microgreens: Microgreens are a revelation for most small-scale gardeners. They’re ready for harvest in a few weeks, they’re in high demand, and they only need a fraction of the space a fully grown plant would occupy.
9. Grow in Containers: Containers can be placed virtually anywhere and they allow you to control pests and soil content a lot better. (Tip: Consider square/rectangular planters — and group them together).
Image For Pinterest:
How To Grow A Lot Of Food In A Small Garden: 9 Easy Tips. Photos – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc4ecvD_rMM
Do You Recognize These 4 Home Security Massive Fails?
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens: