Please Join Our New Telegram Channel to make sure we stay connected!
Here’s How You Can Grow An Avocado Tree In A Small Pot At Home!. Photo – Wikipedia (PD)
Avocados are a tropical fruit that originated from Mexico and are more suited to the humid regions of Central America, Africa, and Asia. These pear-shaped fruits have taken the health-conscious community by storm and have become a staple of healthy eating. They contain a similar fatty acid to the one found in olive oil, making these fruits heart-friendly. Avocados are also rich in potassium, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin E, to name a few.
These warm season plants are easily damaged by cold and frost. Also with various rumors of interruption to the avocado supply in the USA, you should know that you can grow an avocado houseplant to enjoy its fruits at home. Yes! You can produce the trees indoors due to the availability of several dwarf varieties, allowing gardeners to grow the healthy fruits in their own home even in temperate or cold climates.
You don’t need an entire backyard to enjoy your own home-grown avocados. You have two options to grow an avocado plant indoors. You can either start with a seed or just use a healthy dwarf tree. For this article, we will be discussing the former as outlined below:
1. Clean off an avocado seed and insert four toothpicks into it, each about halfway down from the top.
2. Place the seed in a cup of water. The toothpicks will keep your seed soaking in an inch of water.
3. Let the seed soak for about three to six weeks until the roots and stem begin to appear.
4. The seed should be placed in a warm area but must be away from direct sunlight.
5. Wait for the roots to thicken before you transfer the sprout to a pot.
6. Do not let your taproot to dry out or unsubmerged. Doing so will lead to the death of your plant.
7. Fill a large pot with soil. The container must be about 10 inches in diameter.
8. Transfer the sprout to the pot, with its seed and roots at the bottom of the soil. Half of the seed must be exposed.
9. Keep the soil moist by watering the plant regularly. This will prevent mold, bacteria, and fungus growth.
10. Regular caring and maintenance are important for your plant to flourish. Indoor plants require cool nights to force blooming and fruiting.
11. Fertilize your plant with water-soluble food or fish emulsion monthly.
You may well have to wait for several years before the plant begins to bear fruit. When it does, you will be enjoying your very own fresh avocados without going to the supermarket or weekly bazaar.
Do You Recognize These 4 Home Security Massive Fails?
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens: