Please Join Our New Telegram Channel to make sure we stay connected!
Rocket stoves come in handy in survival or grid-down situations due to their fuel economy. They use significantly less fuel and they cook better. And best of all, you can fashion a functional rocket stove from nearly any material you have lying around. Here is a video by Outdoor Boys featuring 8 rocket stoves made from simple materials.
1. Dakota Firehole: Find a slope and excavate a basic L-shape fire hole – i.e., an entry on the side and top. Drop some firewood through the upper airway and light a fire.
2. Drilling a 90-degree hole into a solid piece of wood. Next, hammer a couple of framing nails around the circumference of the wood to hold your cookware.
3. 4×4-inch post for a portable rocket stove. You can use wood shavings as a fuel source.
4. Sheet steel rocket stove from HVAC T-Joints. Install a handle for easier carrying and a cap to keep out the rain/support the cooking container. You can also use high-head spray paint to protect the surface from the elements.
5. The Kelly Kettle is a high-quality, durable, and portable rocket stove that allows you to boil water with no additional container – and even cook food.
6. A 4-inch channel pipe makes for an insanely durable (but heavy) rocket stove.
7. Align cinder blocks to create a mouth to allow air inflow and a vertical chimney for the heat to escape. Pavers and bricks also work just as great.
8. Stack a pile of wood tightly together and bind it with baling wire. Make a chimney by pulling a piece of wood from the middle and displace another at the bottom to create the mouth of the rocket stove.
Tip: Always ensure the mouth of the rocket stove is facing into the wind. This creates the correct air flow conditions for the rocket to function best.
8 Simple Rocket Stoves – How To Make Simple Camping And Survival Stoves – Images: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMhUFthG4bU
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens: