6 Different Ways To Make Compost, No Matter Where You Live. Photos – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO4HdrIXnVU
Adding mineral-rich compost to your farm or garden provides essential nutrients that enrich the soil—improving its water-holding ability, structure, food web, and drainage. Luckily for gardeners, you can make compost wherever you live. There are different composting methods depending on space and other needs. Here are 6 examples by Kevin from Epic Gardening:
1. Hot Composting: With hot composting, the main idea is to prevent heat from escaping the system – hence speeding up the microbial decomposition process. A relatively large compost bin, with the correct carbon:nitrogen ratio, is placed in the sun. This method demands regular maintenance and turning to keep the temperature at optimal levels.
2. Cold Composting (Passive Composting): A cold compost requires minimal maintenance (i.e., no need of turning) but it takes several months to produce compost.
3. Compost Tumblers: Composting tumblers are often made from 55-gallon drums and they feature a support structure to hold them up—plus an axle for turning the whole unit. They help keep the decomposing waste material out of sight while making the aeration/turning process easy.
4. Worm Composting: Worms such as Red Wigglers turn out to be excellent composters. They prefer to live in an opaque structure with a bedding material for reproduction and decomposition.
5. Bokashi Composting: The Bokashi composting method is high in nutrients and it’s usable in merely 10 days. It’s unique in that it ferments organic material rather than decomposing it as is the characteristic of other compost methods.
6. Direct Burying: This method is as simple as digging a hole, filling it with organic material, covering it with dirt, and leaving worms/bacteria to do the rest. However, the process is slow and you have to be selective over what you bury. See our post of 7 Things You Can Bury In the Garden To Improve The Soil
Whichever composting method tickles your fancy, it’s a good idea to enrich your soils and facilitate a bountiful harvest.
Image For Pinterest:
6 Different Ways To Compost, No Matter Where You Live. Photos – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO4HdrIXnVU
Do You Recognize These 4 Home Security Massive Fails?
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
>> Click here to find out about them now
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
>>> Click Here To Watch His Short Video <<<
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens:
What Really Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Click To Watch Video)