Click Here To Join Our Telegram Channel for FREE daily tutorials!
5 Ways To Distil Your Own Water. Photo – Adobe Stock (under license)
We found a great tutorial on water distillation. The link is after our commentary and important additional tips.
Water is essential for all life forms. We need it to keep us hydrated and it also helps in flushing out toxins from our body. There are so many benefits that come with drinking water. It contains zero calories – so it’s a perfect beverage to drink if you’re planning to lose weight!
Distilled water is water in its purest form. Distillation is a process of removing impurities by first boiling the water and then condensing the steam into a clean container. This is sometimes recommended for people who are sick, but it’s typically not recommended for everyday use because our bodies also need minerals – and the minerals are removed by distillation.
This brings up an interesting and much-debated topic: Is drinking distilled water healthy? I have pored over innumerable documents (such as this one) in an attempt to get the best answer to this, and to be honest, the jury is still out. It is one of those “no simple answer” topics that is argued over endlessly, it seems.
Related: Video: Amazing Solar Water Distiller
Benefits of distilled water are that the water really is pure. This is a GREAT benefit – and if the containers were properly cleaned, then this means no microorganisms, no parasites, no fluoride, no pesticides and none of the other nasty chemicals that are now so often found in tap water – such as chlorophenols (not good stuff – source: http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/chemicals/chlorophenols.pdf)
The main downside of drinking distilled water, which is not always discussed, appears to be that distilled water is out of balance with our bodies natural concentration of salts. Due to osmotic pressure, it (apparently) can cause destruction of cells. It is also considered that too low a concentration of minerals in our water might lead to demineralization and health problems associated with it.
One may hear nutritionists talk of isotonic beverages. These have a concentration of salts that matches that of the body, which is reported to lead to maximum hydration.
One suggestion I have read is that a great way to prepare the “perfect water” is to distil it and then add just a small pinch of Himalayan pink salt, which is considered one of the best, purest and optimally mineralized salts in the world. Not enough to make the water taste salty, but enough to add some minerals into the mix.
I think there is much research still to be done in this area. What about adding bioavailable minerals to the distilled water? Some have claimed that rock-based minerals are not ideal for the body as they cannot be absorbed correctly in that form.
Here are some further tips to avoid getting waterborne diseases:
1. If you’re travelling to an unfamiliar place, buy bottled water only.
2. Don’t drink untreated water from a stream, lake, river or any body of fresh water. Boil the water for at least five minutes so that it will be safe for drinking. Flowing streams are much safer than stagnant water but don’t risk drinking it without boiling. One should also be very wary of pollution as so many waterways, downstream from agriculture, industry or other human civilization, are polluted.
3. Be wary of food served by street vendors. You can’t be certain if they used clean water to wash their foods or utensils. If you can’t avoid it or if you are super hungry, make sure that the food is piping hot, not cold. It is well known that it is the salad, washed in local water, can often make travelers seriously ill.
4. Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands before and after going to the toilet. Disinfect your cutlery, chopping boards and other items that can come in contact with food and water. You can even sterilize the forks and spoons and other commonly touched items such as door handles if you have someone in your house who is sick.
5. Eat at reputable restaurants. If you’re traveling, search for a list of popular places that people go to. You can also look for restaurants that have a sanitation permit. If it’s a legit restaurant, they won’t sacrifice their reputation for something as dangerous as unsanitary water.
6. Sometimes, tap water isn’t safe for drinking, that’s why it’s best for you to have it purified or distilled.
Here’s the link to the full tutorial: http://preparedforthat.com/diy-how-to-distill-water-at-home/ (via web archive)
This Crazy Off Grid Device Literally Makes Drinkable Water From Fresh Air:
According to NASA, the U.S. is expecting a 100-YEAR LONG MEGADROUGHT.
It's already begun. Ask the farmers in California. They know.
Every survivalist knows that water is of critical importance. You NEED an independent water source that you can count on!
As an interesting "survival rehearsal" - imagine that you turned the tap on right now and nothing came out. How long would you last?
But what if there was another water source literally hidden in plain sight. That's right, I'm talking about the atmosphere!
The amazing thing about getting water from the natural moisture in the air... is that it is ALWAYS available.
This gives you real water security!
Learn more about how to tap into "Nature's secret water reservoir" and stay hydrated when TSHTF!
Watch the video:
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
Do not, I repeat do NOT do what these lunatics did! Can you spot the "fatal mistake" they made?
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens:
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources: