Please Share This Page:
I have to admit when I first saw this video by the “Youtube Celebrity” CrazyRussianHacker, my jaw dropped. I was stunned that you can actually open a can of food by just rubbing its top against a piece of concrete! It’s way too easy! *resists the extreme urge to try it out right now*
Cans nowadays are sealed with a roller. It bends the top of the can which creates a crimp (kinda like the way you seal empanadas, or any filled pasta). The friction cuts through the top, which makes it easier for you to open the can. Take note that the open top of the can will be sharp – so please of course use it with caution, or else you will risk cutting yourself!
If you got lost in the woods or in a desert and you only have canned food in your bag, you will have to find a small boulder or rock that has a flat surface. If you’re using a bigger can, you might need more time to get it to open. This technique is really cool and it’s one of those survival tips that you really need to learn.
Aside – I’m sure that when the whole thing with the Mayan Calendar got really popular last year, there was a significant increase of interest in survival shows. Do you think there was a connection? 😉 I remember watching a few episodes of Doomsday Preppers. Many people were preparing themselves for worst-case scenarios. I find these shows funny but also very educational. We’ve been so used to the wonderful conveniences that the modern age gives us that pretty much everything is being spoon-fed. We’ve become a very impatient society, relying on anything and everything that is labeled as “instant” or “quick”.
That’s why I really appreciate survival shows and reading and watching different tips. It helps you go back to the basics. Our ancestors were able to survive with whatever they had around them. So let us not forget those things even if the modern age becomes even more advanced. When push comes to shove, it’s your survival skills that will make you a cut above the rest!
Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy, right? However…
Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
=> “Red” Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
More Off-Grid Resources:
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- Bullet Proof Home (Amazing Secret Tactics To Protect Your Home Against Looters, Thugs And Thieves)
- Survival MD (Field medical guide to survive any crisis situation)
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- US Water Revolution (Generate Your Clean Water Anywhere)
- Survive The End Days (Preparation Tips For TEOTWAWKI)
- Blackout USA - How To Survive An EMP / Long Term Grid Down Situation
- The Lost Ways Of Survival - Ancient Survival Secrets Of Our Ancestors
- Backyard Liberty (Easy and cheap DIY Aquaponic system to grow your organic and living food bank)
- 37 Vital Food Items You Can't Get In The Coming Disaster And May Not Survive Without
A note from Paleo Hacks
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
That's right - as a special launch promotion, we're offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) - All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Please Share This Page: