Please Share This Page:
image © http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt1vTfGJNp4
Sometimes the heads of screws become worn / damaged, making them too difficult to remove. This can be really frustrating because you know it’s going to be the last screw after you have removed 15 others. 😉 They may be difficult – but they’re not impossible to deal with. This short but informative video shows five simple ways to remove stripped screws.
1. Put a piece of duck tape (also try a rubber band) on top of the screw. The tape will fill the gaps making the screw easier to remove.
2. Use a hammer to tap the screwdriver down, lodging it as firmly as you can into the screw head. Doing so may help provide the extra grip you need to remove the screw.
3. If you can get hold of the screw with a pair of pliers, clamp it down hard and twist. I’ve had great results using this Channellock 369 9-1/2-Inch High Leverage Linesman Plier – which has a lot of ‘bite’ and long handles, enabling a huge amount of grip on the screw.
4. Use a rotary tool or hacksaw blade to “re-cut” seriously stripped screws. Affix the metal-cutting disc and create a new, deeper slot on the screw head.
5. Using a small drill bit, drill a small hole into a stripped screw to allow your screwdriver to reach deeper into the stuck fastener.
6. (Bonus) a great investment for your toolkit would be a stripped screw extractor. This is a special drill bit that allows you to first clean out the old threads and then reverse the bit to use the special extraction bit to undo the screw. We located an inexpensive stripped screw extractor on Amazon that got the best 5-star reviews and numerous people are reporting super results with this tool.
If the screwdriver that you are using is slipping on the screw head while you are twisting, stop using it immediately. Further slipping will only continue to chew up the screw head and make it even harder to remove. Also, it is important to use the right type and size bit. If you fail to do this, you will either strip the screw making it difficult to take out or damage a perfectly good screwdriver. Just remember to go slowly and apply as much pressure downward as is reasonably possible (and safe).
It’s always a good idea to try a handheld manual screwdriver and not the mechanical ones when trying to remove a screw with a stripped head. A power drill spins at a faster speed and unless it has great speed control, could easily hollow out the damaged head some more.
Ok, here’s the video:
I Can't Help Showing This Off
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2017.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
- Survive The End Days (Preparation Tips For TEOTWAWKI)
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- Bullet Proof Home (Amazing Secret Tactics To Protect Your Home Against Looters, Thugs And Thieves)
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Survival MD (Field medical guide to survive any crisis situation)
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- US Water Revolution (Generate Your Clean Water Anywhere)
- Blackout USA - How To Survive An EMP / Long Term Grid Down Situation
- The Lost Ways Of Survival - Ancient Survival Secrets Of Our Ancestors
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
Please Share This Page: